DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.0

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jan 9 01:14:26 PST 2012

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:jee58o$54v$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 2012-01-08 21:34, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Jacob Carlborg"<doob at me.com>  wrote in message
>> news:jec1j6$2rbu$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>> * Move to github
>>
>> It's ultimately up to you, but personally I can't stand Github. My vote
>> would be to stick with Bitbucket.
>>
>> Granted, I haven't actually tried Bitbucket's Git support yet. But just
>> yesterday I started the process of converting a couple of my projects
>> from
>> SVN/Dsource to Git/Bitbucket, so we'll see how it goes, and I'll let you
>> know.
>
> I'm asking you since you're the main contributor next to me. I prefer
> Github, many D project are moving to Github, DMD, Phobos and druntime are
> already there. But certainly don't want to push you away, that wouldn't be
> good for the Windows port :)

While I would find github more painful, it wouldn't make me decrease my
contributions to DVM. DVM's too important a tool, IMO (Much like RDMD, which
I also contribute too).

Heck, maybe if we're lucky that OSX desktop interface to github will someday
get ported to Lin or Win :)

I'm on my way to bed so I'll check out those links later. (FWIW, I don't
think Ruby's all that bad as far as dynamic langauges go. Probably one of
the best, actually. It's just no D ;) )