A tutorial on D templates

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 03:21:14 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 09:16, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> On 1/13/2012 1:20 PM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>>
>> This also extend to anyone who would want to share some template love/lore
>> with
>> the rest of us.
>

> I see you've already done a great deal of work on this, it looks nice!

Thanks. LaTeX work, mostly. At one time, I asked Andrei for the latex
formatting functions used in TDPL, but he was authorized to distribute
it. That would permit D docs to get TDPL look & feel.

> I strongly encourage you to continue with it, and release it as a book. We
> could sure use another book on D!

Uh, I don't think it'll ever be a book. I didn't write it with a book in mind.

> I strongly suggest making the formatting work for a Kindle edition of your
> book. PDF files do badly on e-readers.

What I want (maybe in 1-2 months) is to write a simple D script that
takes the .tex files and transform them into simple marked-up text, to
produce a DDoc file or an HTML one.

Is there any tex -> <whatever format ebooks use> or pdf -> ebook converters?

> Minor stylistic nit pet peeve of mine: please remove the word "you" and
> "your" from the prose. It's nearly always redundant, and the sentences flow
> better without it. "You" is a filler word, similar to "um", "like", and
> "basically".

I'll look and try.

Philippe