A tutorial on D templates

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jan 14 11:58:05 PST 2012

On 1/14/12 11:08 AM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 16:56, Andrei Alexandrescu
> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>  wrote:
>> On 1/13/12 3:20 PM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>>>

>>> https://github.com/PhilippeSigaud/D-templates-tutorial/blob/master/dtemplates.pdf
>>>
>>> (click on View Raw)
>>>
>>> If you have any comment, criticism, explanation, what have you, I'm game.
>>

>> This is great! Should I post to reddit, or hold off a bit more?
>
> I'd prefer you to wait a bit, because I think I didn't some code
> samples and they either do not compile or produce different results.
> That'd badly reflect on D.
>
> Maybe I'll write a small script to extract code samples and compile
> them. Do you have anything like this for TPDL?

Emailed.

> I have a problem with implicit main() and/or presenting in one sample
> code that should be in the global scope and some that must be put into
> a main.

Yah, I defined several LaTeX environments and a little syntax for that.
I also arranged to ignore "..." when it appears alone on a line. Overall
it was an effort well worth it.

> I wondered whether I should present only 'compile-as-shown' examples,
> which means putting import statements and void main() {/* some code
> */} everywhere.

Define distinct environments for stuff that must be top level vs. stuff
that must be wrapped in main or unittest.

Andrei