A tutorial on D templates

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jan 14 12:14:11 PST 2012

Since we're on this topic I can't stop picking - all in good fun I hope
- on Jonathan, the master of words. The following two sentences convey
the same exact information:

1.

> There are certainly times when reducing how much "you" is used reduces the
> amount of text at no extra cost, but there are other times, when it's far more
> natural to use "you," and it can become harder to produce sentences without
> completely reworking that section of text if "you" is removed.

2.

> Sure, it can reduce the word count, but I
> really don't think that it does all that much to improve the quality of the
> text, and it can require quite a bit more work, since it tends to be unnatural
> to avoid "you" in the way that technical writers like to.

This pattern is quite frequent in Jonathan's posts. I trained myself to
skip the last sentence of each paragraph and often the last paragraph
entirely.

Andrei