A tutorial on D templates

Georg Wrede Georg.Wrede at iki.fi
Sat Jan 14 16:54:36 PST 2012

On 01/14/2012 08:45 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/14/2012 7:05 AM, Jeff Nowakowski wrote:
>> On 01/14/2012 03:16 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>> Minor stylistic nit pet peeve of mine: please remove the word "you" and
>>> "your" from the prose.
>>
>> That sounds a bit strict, and looking at one of your articles I see it
>> used in
>> the second sentence: "A pure function does what you'd expect — the
>> compiler
>> enforces purity of the function."
>
> What can I say? Ya got me there. I do tend to write "you", and remove
> them in a later pass.
>
> But let's take some examples from the first page of the text, and see if
> the elidition looks better:

Why don't we just let the guy write his thing in peace, before demanding
a complete book with stylistically professional grammar and style?

I mean, at this rate we are beating the horse to death before we've even
put it in front of the carriage. If I were Philippe, by this time I'd be
stressed out, and the project would start to whither.

How about folks just helping him write it, like he asked?

There's plenty of time to turn it to the Ten Commandments later, but it
needs to exist before that.