update.sh

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 19:46:50 PST 2012

On Monday, 16 January 2012 at 16:57:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 1/16/12 9:22 AM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> With that change it is likely you'll want to change update to
>> use
>> upstream instead of origin. Though it is probably dependent on
>> if the
>> user has upstream which I don't know of a good way to check.
>> Or you
>> could just require those to have an upstream.
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/c5c61a67b7f043f8127d3bf92c98d19a30d6b06d/update.sh#L136
>>

>> You can add the remote to your repository with
>>
>> git remote add upstream
>> git at github.com:D-Programming-Language/dmd.git
>
> At what point in the script should I insert that command?
>
> Andrei

Sorry, I meant that you could add the remote repository
"upstream" to your personal git repository, the one you, Andrei
cloned on your system. The change I am suggesting is to change
line 136 and 137 so that

-            git pull origin master && \
-            git pull origin master --tags && \
+            git pull upstream master --tags && \

just noticed you are pulling twice, when you can do it once.