http://dlang.org/bugstats.php

Simen Kjærås simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:37:12 PST 2012

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 08:18:04 +0100, Andrei Alexandrescu

> We just put together a page that counts the bugs per category. It's
> linked from "Bug tracker" in the navigation panel.
>
> http://dlang.org/bugstats.php
>
> The format is sketchy. Looking forward to your suggestions for
> improvements.

Interesting, indeed. My comments:

The dates on the chart look completely random. Perhaps a tick for
each month, and text only for each year?

5000.000 is a silly number of bugs, just like 3.1415926535897932
is a silly number of bugs. Get rid of the decimals.

The scope should be limited to those not marked Duplicate or Invalid,
methinks. Perhaps also Wontfix.

While some trends can be seen, it would be interesting to see
resolved / new.

I expected the links to show a graph for that category, not to list
the bugs in that category.

While Assigned and Reopened are negligible compared to New, I feel
the chart would be more informational by showing Resolved vs
Unresolved. The sudden drops in New around September '09 and
January '11 seem like a good thing, but it's really only a change
of status to Assigned, not to Resolved.

Last, this was a fun chart to see, and will likely be more fun the
future.