Native GTK2 D Bindings

Artur Skawina art.08.09 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 16:16:22 PST 2012

On 01/23/12 00:52, Trass3r wrote:
>> No. I named it "native" for a reason. The method names are not manipulated in any way - they come directly from GTK.
>>
>> I could *add* all kind of aliases, including camelCased ones, but why would anyone want to use those?
>
> Cause those C names with underscores are just crappy.

Well, it would be a trivial addition. I'd just like to avoid having
several conventions around, unless necessary.

I'd be more interested in comments on how to make the code using
these bindings cleaner (the other meaning of "native" is "as-close-
-to-natural-D-as-possible").

So far, a sample D GTK app looks like this:

http://repo.or.cz/w/girtod.git/blob/refs/heads/master:/example_gtk3.d

Anything I could change API-wise to improve things, that doesn't
require language changes?

>>> gdc does cross module inlining if you pass all modules to it at once.
>>>

>> As i mentioned in the README; but that's not really a solution.
>
> No, in there you claim gdc didn't support cross module inlining.
>

>From the README:
> (apparently, another workaround is to build all the *.d files together;
> I've never tried this)

It's a workaround, not a solution.

artur