http://dlang.org/bugstats.php

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jan 23 13:59:11 PST 2012

"Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
news:jfjdc3$ttd$1 at digitalmars.com...
> "Denis Shelomovskij" <verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:jfj92f$m30$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>> [OT] Why is that dirty, slow, hard-to-implement, hard-to-understand, and
>> hard-to-write-in (error-prone) HTML used everywhere with it's dirty
>> friend XML?!!! Let's, at least, remove XML support from D as a protest
>> when D will became popular enough! (Sorry, just can't keep it in any
>> more)
>
> For at least a few years now, I've dreamt of creating a *sane* alternative
> to (X)HTML/CSS that's *ACTUALLY DESIGNED* for UIs instead of documents.
> The idea is to create a normal standard web browser, and then sneak in
> this new system as an additional feature - which I figure is about the
> only way it would have so much as a snowball's chance in hell of ever
> catching on at all.

I fogot to mention the other half of the plan:

In order to prevent death by chicken and egg, there would be a JavaScript
module that could be included (and maybe a server-side or developer-side
alternative) which would convert the new presentation system to traditional
(X)HTML/CSS/JS garbage (It would include special code that disabled itself
on browsers like mine which supported the new presentation system natively).
That way, any web developer who might be interested in using it could do so
without fear of becoming unusable on the majority of browsers.

That would make it at least possible for it to develop some level of
following. Then, if the developers of the other browsers were smart (which
is tenuous, I know), then they'd realize they could support it much better
and much more efficiently by including native support. Sanity: 1,
(X)HTML/CSS/JS: 0