Modern COM Programming in D

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:50:02 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 24 January 2012 at 17:08:01 UTC, Lionello Lunesu
wrote:
> Little over a year ago I held a tech talk at Microsoft about
> how I used D to write readable COM code. A while back I thought
> I'd try to get permission to share these slides, and what'dya
> know:
>
> http://lunesu.com/index.php?/archives/126-Modern-COM-Programming-in-D.html
>
> Direct link to the slides:
> http://lunesu.com/uploads/ModernCOMProgramminginD.pptx
>
> Let me know what you guys think!
>
> Lionello.

I have some questions related to this.

One, do you know about Juno?
http://www.dsource.org/projects/juno
New Source location:
https://github.com/he-the-great/Juno-Windows-Class-Library

Two, how does your work compare? Are these improvements that
could go into Juno?

Three, you may be interested to know about tlbimpd:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/juno/wiki/TypeLibraryImporter

I revived the project for D2, but Richard Webb has actually done
the work to make it usable. Wondering if effort on this could be
consolidated and as brought up in the reddit comments maybe work
could go towards WinRT support?

Great presentation material though. Thank you for having done so.