Server-Side magazine interview, touches on D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jan 29 19:42:41 PST 2012

Walter:

> On 1/29/2012 6:16 PM, Caligo wrote:
> > Learn how to learn?  Could you elaborate, please?  How did you learn
> > how to learn?
>
> I can't speak for Andrei, but I discovered after 4 years of university that I
> had become much better at learning new things.

It's meta-learning (second order learning). There is a page on Wikipedia, but it's too much short and its quality is too much low:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_learning

I believe that learning how to learn better is probably the most important thing to learn at the University. If you get good enough at learning, then many other things in life become possible. There are situations were people change (learn) how they learn to learn (third order learning), but this is a bit psychologically painful (I have not found stuff on Wikipedia about this, so you need to search in primary sources, like books by Seymour Papert).

Bye,
bearophile