Goldie Parsing System v0.7 - API, 64-bit, Git

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Jan 31 05:59:14 PST 2012

"Bernard Helyer" <b.helyer at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:tjkdnhzvvdawzsrgcycd at dfeed.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net...
> Is this capable of handling D's grammar?

Not yet, unfortunately[1] :(  LALR(1) can admittedly be somewhat limiting, I
need to take it to something like LALR(k) or GLR (I have another idea up my
sleeve, too...).

It is capable of tokenizing D though, and such a grammar for that is
included (lang/dlex.grm). Although, until I add support for the GOLD v5
features, nested comments have to be handled semi-manually - ie, go through
the lexer's resulting token array, if you find a '/+' token then skip to the
appropriately matching '+/' token. Should be easy, but of course it'd be
better to not even have to bother.

I need to prioritize that stuff. That is the #1 most-asked question
(...hmm...you'd think I'd have my #1 most asked question in the FAQ, but I
don't ATM...)

[1] CS theory says that you probably could, but the resulting grammar
wouldn't be very useful.