Server-Side magazine interview, touches on D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:51:04 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 31 January 2012 at 07:14:48 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> This is used in Rails as well. I mean, you need a way to get a
> value from the controller into the view.

Interestingly, a lot of PHP devs don't even use PHP for
this!

There's stuff like smarty in fairly wide use:

http://www.smarty.net/why_use

Though, of course, many PHP devs *do* use php for their
templates too. (including me when I do php w/o D. I like
the {$foo.bar} syntax in smarty but not the rest of it.)