Coming Soon: Stable D Releases!

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 16 11:56:35 PDT 2012

On 16 July 2012 19:48, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:39:04 -0700, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> On 16 July 2012 18:31, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The main benefit I could see is the faster cycle focusing on bugs. I
>>> don't
>>> know what GCC's release cycle is (something tells me it's pretty
>>> glacial),
>>> but for any users of your Git-HEAD code, the bug fixes could certainly
>>> appear faster.
>>>

>> It's roughly once a year, maybe a little less.  Depends on
>> regressions, open bugs, etc.
>>

> In other words, glacial. :-) But, if it's of interest to you to use the
> stable releases as a basis for GDC we wouldn't mind.

Will see how it goes.  Typically in the past I have cherry picked
creamy features (__vector support, the recent updates to align) and
merged in any fixes for bugs raised in GDC that are because of, and
fixed in the D frontend prior to merging releases.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';