Coming Soon: Stable D Releases!

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Jul 16 12:35:46 PDT 2012

On 7/16/12 2:14 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
[snip]
> What is gained by this is that nobody needs to cherry-pick bugfixes into
> a stable repo. Cherry-picking is a substantial amount of work (for which
> I salute you for volunteering to undertake). It just seems unnecessary
> in the world of git.
>
> I'd like to stress one more time that **this is basically no additional
> work for contributors or Walter**. It's simply categorizing changes.
>
> The setup you are planning will work, of course, but I do not envy the
> amount of labor it will require. Whichever way it is done is a step in
> the right direction and I'm glad you are taking it on.
>
> Regards,
> Brad Anderson

I agree this would be more direct. But I fail to see how Walter
cherry-picking stuff is "basically no additional work", whereas Adam
doing essentially the same is an unenviable "amount of labor".

Besides, if Walter is at the same time doing things and deciding their
category may work worse than a small team making the assessment by
consensus.

Andrei