Coming Soon: Stable D Releases!

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jul 25 08:08:20 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-25 14:47, Don Clugston wrote:

> If we had an agreed release cycle, it would not happen. The release
> cycle would be a higher authority than any single person, even Walter.

I don't think it's that simple. We would also need some kind of window
when you're allowed to commit new things to the repository. This window
could end one or two weeks before the release should be out. Otherwise
people will think that just "their small commit" can be added just a day
before the release day "since it won't cause any problems".

--
/Jacob Carlborg