Pull freeze

Alex Rønne Petersen alex at lycus.org
Sun Jul 29 04:27:57 PDT 2012

On 29-07-2012 13:11, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-07-29 08:08, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Due to the upcoming release, there will be no regular pull walk-through
>> tomorrow. Thanks for the growing rate of contribution, and let's resume
>> the ritual next Sunday.
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Again, we _need_ to start using branches.

Amen.

There is no reason master should be frozen due to a release being made.

The way we do releases is completely backwards: We freeze master, do the
release, and *then* make a tag in Git. It should be the other way
around, but replace tag with branch.

The current release model may have seemed like a good idea during SVN
times, but we're using Git now.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex at lycus.org