Pull freeze

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Jul 29 04:33:36 PDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 13:11 +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-07-29 08:08, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > Due to the upcoming release, there will be no regular pull walk-through
> > tomorrow. Thanks for the growing rate of contribution, and let's resume
> > the ritual next Sunday.
> >
> > Andrei
>
> Again, we _need_ to start using branches.

Although not personally involved, I do get the feeling that CVCS
workflow is being used with a DVCS system. Possible since CVCS < DVCS.

Keeping feature branches off the mainline is also a good move – having
feature branches on the mainline is a return to CVCS thinking.  Having
the mainline as a pristine representation of the official state of the
project (possibly with maintenance branches) is the best idea,
everything else can be done by people sharing and creating pull requests
when done.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk