Pull freeze

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sun Jul 29 04:43:40 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 29 July 2012 at 06:08:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Due to the upcoming release, there will be no regular pull
> walk-through tomorrow. Thanks for the growing rate of
> contribution, and let's resume the ritual next Sunday.
>
> Andrei

I really can't shake the feeling that you guys just don't get git!

You never need to freeze pulls with git. Ever! It just slows down
development.

The work flow is simple enough:

1. Time for a release
2. Create a release branch, it is feature frozen
3. You can keep pulling feature into master, no problem
4. You can pull regression/bug fixes into the release branch
5. A release is made, merge the release branch into master and
continue.

I don't know why I bothered typing this out - the discussion has
been had time and time again with no progress made.