Vibe.d 0.7.4 release

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Mon Jun 4 06:03:46 PDT 2012

Am 04.06.2012 13:50, schrieb bioinfornatics:
> Le dimanche 03 juin 2012 à 22:37 +0200, simendsjo a écrit :
>> On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 18:43:28 +0200, Sönke Ludwig
>> <sludwig at outerproduct.org>  wrote:
>>
>>>   - mysql-native: native port of a MySQL client driver that Steve Teale
>>> has written some time ago - this one could use a maintainer who is
>>> actually using MySQL...
>>
>> I have started a cleanup branch:
>> https://github.com/simendsjo/mysqln/tree/misc-cleanups
>> I'll try to work on it during the summer, but I would rather have someone
>> else step up and continue the effort :)
>
> In first great job
>
> just one thing i do not think each project need to embed his own mysql
> wrapper but share the code together and have it as dependencies.
> I think vibe.d should be developed as a library and build as a library

vibe.d is usable as a library but it's also an application framework to
make development of small applications more comfortable/efficient. The
problem with database drivers and such is that they typically use
standard blocking sockets for communication. This does not mix well with
vibe's internal non-blocking I/O and would block the whole application.
For this reason such drivers need to be slightly adjusted to use vibe's
socket funtions instead. Not ideal from a maintainance viewpoint but a
necessary price to pay for performance..