"D and C++11 Conference", June 30, 2012, Tütev, Ankara, Turkey

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 23:52:43 PDT 2012

Date: June 30, 2012
Time: 12:30
Place: Tütev, Ankara

Although this conference is in Turkish, I think it is still interesting
to the audience here.

Thanks to Zafer Çelenk for initiating the effort, to Salih Dinçer and
Mert Ataol for volunteering their time as speakers, and Tütev for
providing the venue.

Here is a brief translation of the program:

12:30 - "D Programming Language"
Ali Çehreli
A general introduction of D.

13:15 - "Managing Data with Arrays, Slices, Associative Arrays, and
Templates"
Salih Dinçer
D's containers and how GC helps with memory management.

14:00 - "Program Safety in D"
Zafer Çelenk
assert, enforce, unittest, and contract programming.

14:45 - "Parallelism and Concurrency"
Ali Çehreli
The parallelism and concurrency solutions in C++11 and D.

15:30 - "D in ş.o.m."
Mert Ataol
Arrays, filters, randomness, etc. Poetic programming...

(Ali's note: I am very excited to listen to this presentation. Mert is
about to write a novel where the main character gets rich through
programming. Mert has chosen D as the language for the character, so he
had to learn D and gain experience in it himself first! :))

16:00 - "New features of C++11 and their equivalents in D"
Ali Çehreli
Some interesting features of C++11.

Ali