JPG and PNG decoder

cal callumenator at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 00:55:19 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 17 June 2012 at 07:07:35 UTC, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> Still, I'm interested in writing a JPEG/PNG to disk from a
> ubyte[3][][], or whatever.

Do you mean that you want to encode a ubyte array to disk as
JPEG/PNG? Encoding a JPEG would be a bit of work I think, the
format's kind of a monster. PNG should be easier, depending on
how good you want the compression to be. If you don't care too
much about compression level, you simply zlib compress the data,
write it out by image row/scanline, include appropriate header
and chunk info, and you're done. I'll give a simple encoder a go
if you think you could use it.

Cheers,
cal