D forums now live!

russ bvykxcdb at sharklasers.com
Thu Mar 1 07:34:06 PST 2012

On Friday, 24 February 2012 at 17:43:16 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 February 2012 at 02:52:24 UTC, XP1 wrote:
>> Would the user be able to change one's password in the future?
>
> There's technically no reason why this can't be implemented,
> but I'm having a hard time coming up with reasons why people
> would want that,

This is much nicer than the old web archive interface.

But I couldn't log in with the password I registered with (as a
matter of course I use 30-character random passwords), so I had
to create a second account with a shorter password.

Is there a maximum length password and it's being silently
truncated or something? Or disallowed characters which are
silently accepted/modified? The registration screen should
document what limits on passwords exist.