D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Mar 1 09:35:02 PST 2012

On 2/29/12 11:58 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Sorry if I sent twice, it is so easy to hit the
> wrong button on things.
>
> On Wednesday, 29 February 2012 at 17:32:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> So the idea is to make an entire subset of D convertible to Javascript?
>
> Yeah, and I'm pretty much there - I just built a
> little sort program with std.algorithm to it, which
> is pretty cool.

Saw that - pretty amazing.

The motivation sounds great. I think one area of focus going forward
might be defining precisely the subset of D supported (e.g. I suppose
pointer semantics would be difficult). I presume most of Safe D would be
supported, but there's no formal definition of that either :o). Si this
area is ripe for development.

Andrei