Mono-D 0.3.0

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:25:40 PST 2012

Awesome job, Alex!

With the performance improvements of Mono 2.8.6.5 and
Parser/Performance improvements of Mono-D 3.0 working with D is
on par with working with C# in Visual Studios. Even better since
I get the same experience on all three platforms.

It would be nice to see Mono-D (and other IDEs) linked to from
the dlang.org somewhere. So new D users won't have to dig through
the forums or sift through dead dsource.org projects to find it.
Seeing as how, for some of us, proper IDE support is a big issue,
and Mono-D + MonoDevelop is virtually on-par with Visual Studios
(productivity wise).

I think it would help D's popularity to some degree if we could
direct people to some "officially" supported IDEs. With Mono-D on
top of course! ;)