D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:19:07 PST 2012

"Bystroushaak" <bystrousak at kitakitsune.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.281.1330632834.24984.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...
> I've played with gdc, but it's pretty complicated. I have few ADM 5120
> routers with debwrt and it would be nice to be able compile D2 code
> there, but so far, it was just fail.
>
> C run pretty much everywhere and metacompiler D2C would be nice..

I think once you get past the horror that is building gcc for your target
platform, the big issue remaining is that druntime needs to be ported.
You'll hit the same issue with a D->C translator, so it might be better just
to work on the actual runtime.  Doing a proper gdc-based compiler should get
you some other nice things, like platform specific attributes/versions,
inline asm, and a better debugging experience.