D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 06:38:27 PST 2012

On Friday, 2 March 2012 at 05:58:03 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> You make it sound as if there's another kind of JS.

Horribly inefficient relative to the environment :P

I just don't want 100 kb of crap to download just to
write a hello world.

A lot of people prefer to use gzipped sizes, but I don't
because the browser still has to parse the whole thing,
and that takes time after the download, even if you don't
actually run any of it.

(On some browsers, it parses it again on every page load!)

This generated D code gzips very, very well, but I still
want to keep it small in general for general speed.

The fastest code is no code at all. Less to parse, less
to run.