parallel copy directory, faster than robocopy

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Sun Mar 4 12:53:57 PST 2012

I placed the two parallel file operations, rmdir and copy on
github in

https://github.com/jnorwood/file_parallel

These combine the std.parallelism operations with the std.file
operations to speed up the processing on Windows.
-----------
I also put a useful function that does argv pathname wildcard
expansion in

https://github.com/jnorwood/file_utils

This makes use of one of the existing dirEntries call that has
the pattern matching parameter which enables simple * and ?
expansions in windows args.  I'm only allowing expansions in the
basename, and only expanding in one level of the directory.

There are example Windows commandline utilies that use each of
the functions in file_parallel/examples.

I've only testsd these on win7, 64 bit.