dstep instead of SWIG

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Mar 5 02:36:42 PST 2012

On 2012-03-05 10:49, Gour wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:25:28 +0100
> Jacob Carlborg<doob at me.com>  wrote:
>
>> * Specifically targeted for D
>
> That's a good one.
>
>> * Handles Objective-C
>
> No interest for it atm.
>
>> * No need for interface files
>
> This is also nice, but I wonder if one can tailor D side of the binding
> or dstep is meant to just provide wrapper for C function?

Currently it's only meant to just provide bindings.

> In the latter case, glueing dstsep with CWrape would be nice.
>
>> * Uses a complete front-end to do the parsing
>> * Static linking
>
> Those are very nice as well...I might try dstep, so you can expect some
> issues @github. ;)

Unfortunately it's not in a state where it's ready to be tested yet.
Sure you can always test it but there's no point in reporting issues for
something I know isn't finished or working. But help developing the tool
is always welcome.

--
/Jacob Carlborg