D forums now live!

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Mar 6 08:37:53 PST 2012

Now I like the forums. I am posting this message with the new
interface.

I have three more suggestions:

1) When I read posts in the basic View mode, I often want to see
the last posts of the thread. So I suggest to add the "Last >>"
link at the top of the page too.

So maybe replacing this line:
View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help

With:
View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
· Last>>

-----------------------

2) I sometimes copy & paste messages from the site to text
documents for various purposes, to send them in emails, etc.

With the older system the copy was something like:

Subject 	Re: dereferencing null
 From 	Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com>
Date 	Mon, 05 Mar 2012 05:39:57 +0100
Newsgroups 	digitalmars.D

On Monday, 5 March 2012 at 03:24:32 UTC, Chad J wrote:
> News to me.  I've had bad runs with that back in the day, but
> maybe things have improved a bit.

Strangely, I've never had a problem with gdb and D,

With the new system the copy is:

Re: dereferencing null
Adam D. Ruppe
Gravatar
Posted in reply to Chad J

On Monday, 5 March 2012 at 03:24:32 UTC, Chad J wrote:
> News to me.  I've had bad runs with that back in the day, but
> maybe things have improved a bit.

Strangely, I've never had a problem with gdb and D,

So is it possible to improve this in some way, to give a better
copy of the important information about the post?

-----------------------

3) This is less important, but it's a simple thing. Regarding the
page number links at the bottom of the page:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 …
- - - - -   - - -

Or:

… 7 8 9 10 11
   - -   -- --

There is plenty of space there, so I suggest something like this,
that shows the last page number too:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 … 11

That becomes like this when you are in the middle of a sequence
of many pages (and here I have added one more space between page
numbers, to click better on them):

1  …  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  …  22

Bye and thank you,
bearophile