Pegged, a Parsing Expression Grammar (PEG) generator in D

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Mar 10 23:46:28 PST 2012

On Sunday, March 11, 2012 08:39:47 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 08:30, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 11, 2012 00:28:42 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I created a new Github project, Pegged, a Parsing Expression
> >> Grammar (PEG) generator in D.
> >
> > Cool! PEGs aren't used all that much for language grammars - primarily
> > because BNF and EBNF are more traditional I think - but they're
> > definitely cool. And it's great to see a D implementation of a PEG
> > parser.
>
> Is there an EBNF grammar for D somewhere, I mean outside the dlang docs?
>
> I vaguely remember someone trying to write one.

Someone may have been trying to write one, but I don't believe that there's an
official one, and I recall someone complaining the the BNF grammar was
inaccurate in a number of places, but that may have been fixed now, since
Walter did a number of documentation fixes a few weeks back.

- Jonathan M Davis