Low feature GNUPlot controller for D2

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Wed Mar 14 00:33:51 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 14 March 2012 at 07:16:39 UTC, Jay Norwood wrote:

> I just tried this on Win7 64 bit using the latest TangoD2 and
> the gnuplot from this link
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuplot/files/
>
> I had to substitute pgnuplot.exe, which is one of the windows
> gnuplot exe versions that accepts the piped input
> GNUPlot = new Process(true, "pgnuplot.exe -persist");
>
> With that change one of the graphs displayed, the one with
> title "Raw gnuplot commands".  The rest all failed, maybe due
> to the binary record input, which they try to echo to their
> text command shell.
>
> Maybe if there were an option to use text format input, or
> maybe there is some terminator expected.  Their command shell
> fails to return to the prompt after echoing the binary data,
> and doesn't create the graph shell on these others that use the
> binary record input.

There was discussion of windows problems with the binary data
input elsewhere, including some discussion of the input being
opened in text mode.  Looks like the cygwin version might be a
solution.

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Gnuplot-scripts-as-output-td1680624.html

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102055&aid=2981027&group_id=2055