Pegged: Syntax Highlighting

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 00:01:35 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 21:03, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> how would one use a parser like Pegged for syntax
>>> highlighting?
>>
>> Ok, typically one would use a lexer and not a parser. But using a
>> parser might be more interesting for creating more complex syntax
>> highlighting. :)
>>

> Actually I think I can use the new ddmd-clean port for just this
> purpose. Sorry for the noise.

Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a few days, in a Net-forsaken place ;)

If ddmd-clean is OK for you, that's cool. Keep us informed how that went.
If you want to use Pegged, you'd need to enter the entire D grammar to
get a correct parse tree.
I just finished writing it, but I'm afraid to try and compile it :)
It's one huge monster.