GSoC: Linear Algebra and the SciD library

Cullen Seaton cullenseaton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:46:24 PDT 2012

Hello,
I'm a third year undergraduate at the University of Chicago
majoring in mathematics. I'm very interested in working on the
Matrix library through Google summer of code. The ideas page
mentions that progress has already been made but that goals
weren't completely met. What kind of support is already in place?
Are there any specific types of functions that you would like to
see added to the library? Although I'm relatively new to coding,
I have a strong background in mathematics (including linear
algebra). I've coded mainly in C but also in java, python, and
very little in racket. Is this project appropriate for an
enthusiastic participant who is not yet an expert hacker? Thanks
for your time,

Cullen Seaton
University of Chicago
Class of 2013