Dejan Lekic created the D Developers Network on LinkedIn

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 06:45:25 PDT 2012

Jesse Phillips wrote:

> On Tuesday, 20 March 2012 at 19:09:59 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>
>> My idea when I made it was to gather professionals who use D
>> *in production environments*
>
> Does that mean you shouldn't join if D only supports a product
> going to production, and isn't officially software used in the
> company?

Everybody is welcome (otherwise I would make the group invite-only), but the
idea is to have more professionals there, than just enthusiasts who use D in
some toy project...
New D users will either become professionals after some time of evaluation
and adoption, or they will give up D. I honestly do not think the LinkedIn
group needs people who forget D after few weeks of trying. :) It is also
misleading when a recruiter sees someone a member of the DDN who never wrote
any serious piece of D code. Do you agree?