Adam Wilson is now a GSoC 2012 mentor!

BLS bizprac at orange.fr
Mon Mar 26 11:15:54 PDT 2012

On Monday, 26 March 2012 at 15:27:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> We're very happy and honored to had Adam Wilson on board as a
> GSoC 2012 mentor. Adam brings solid project management
> experience and has a specific interest in the Mono-D project.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Adam to the ranks of GSoC mentors!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

> We're very happy and honored to had Adam Wilson on board as a
> GSoC 2012 mentor. Adam brings solid project management
> experience and has a specific interest in the Mono-D project.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Adam to the ranks of GSoC mentors!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Welcome Adam and congratulation Alex.

I am using Mono-D and I almost enjoy it.  One thing is for sure:
Code LookUp /
"Intellisense" is great in Mono-D, ,Code outline simply rox, and
MNono-D is (in this regard) light years ahead of Visual D.

The pure speed  in which Alex's code analyzer is working is just
xtreme amazing. Alex ? Benchmarks ?

But it is a GTK# and  MONO based project and this means it is
finally a C# project.

I am pretty sure that we will have a complete wxWidgets 2.9.3
binding in a few days/weeks.  (and we will have a TOOL to create
almost automatic wxWidgets 2.4. 2.5, 3.0 bindings)  incl. say Gtk
3.0 and iOS support)

So. wouldn't make more sense to ask Alex to port and enhance  his
code analyzer into D2  as GSOC project  to become part of a wxD2
driven IDE ?
I think, Yep.
Despite that,
Alex, thanks for Mono-D, very well done.
My 2 cents, Bjoern