Mono-D 0.3.5

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:39:35 PDT 2012

On Monday, 26 March 2012 at 23:57:27 UTC, alex wrote:
> Couple of bug fixes + new refactoring feature:
>
> - [Expression Evaluator] Began with the expression eval stuff
> -- added few class   stubs
> - [Resolver] Fixed 2 small completion bugs (very precise,
> indeed! :-D)
> - [Parser] Fixed block boundaries determination bug
> - [Highlighting] Small highlighting change (added __vector
> keyword and recolored 'mixin')
> - [Building/Settings] Small usability improvement
> - [Settings] Fixed saving-bug
> - [Generic] Add 'lib' prefix to library name when creating new
> (linux/mac) projects
> - [Refactoring] Added renaming validation check
> - [Refactoring] Finished a rough implementation of symbol
> import refactoring   (accessible via keystroke or context menu
> - just hover an undefined symbol, and right-click)
> - [Internal] Further code refactoring -- a lot of code could be
> abstracted
> - [Completion] Improved method parameter insight
>
> Article: http://mono-d.alexanderbothe.com/?p=355
> Issues: https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-D/issues

Great job, Alex. As always.

For what it's worth, I don't like the new "mixin" coloring. It's
colored like a type now, which doesn't make sense to me (in some
cases it does, aka: mixin Template name). One of the things I
like about MonoDevelop is that I can color seporate many
different things: types, attributes, flow control, etc.. but now
mixin looks like I'm defining a variable, which isn't usually how
I use mixins.

Also, code completion seems to randomly die in this release. Not
sure exactly what causes it since it seems to only happens when
working with larger files and randomly. I think it might be
something to do with template variadic parameters. If I come
across something a more concrete, I'll post an bug report.