UFCS for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Mar 29 19:05:45 PDT 2012

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:jl2p1f$252f$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 3/29/2012 3:00 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Yea, reddit *is* extremely slow whenever there's a reasonable number of
>> comments. And *that's* with JS *off* (and using it that way prevents you
>> from doing *anything* there other than read existing comments, which of
>> course is retarded). And then with JS on, reddit is *insanely* slow.
>> Seriously takes fucking forever. Easily one of the slowest sites I've
>> ever
>> come across. Total piece of shit implementation they have there (and a
>> perfect example of what's wrong with "cloud" and "web 2.0"). It's almost
>> as
>> if the GitHub guys wrote it.
>

> True, but I upgraded recently to 64 bit Win 7, with a 6 core processor and
> SSD drive. Reddit seems a lot zippier :-)

I don't understand why people think it's ok for basic, basic shit that would
have ran fine on a Pentium 1 (and less) to now require what quite literally
is a super-fucking-computer-on-the-desktop just to run acceptably.

Seriously, what the fuck's the point of buying all this insanely powerful
hardware if software just turns the damn thing right back into a fucking
single-core P1? That's just insane. People are seriously fucking bat-shit
crazy.