UFCS for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 30 01:30:56 PDT 2012

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:jl3l0c$jn2$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 3/29/2012 7:05 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> I don't understand why people think it's ok for basic, basic shit that
>> would
>> have ran fine on a Pentium 1 (and less) to now require what quite
>> literally
>> is a super-fucking-computer-on-the-desktop just to run acceptably.
>>
>> Seriously, what the fuck's the point of buying all this insanely powerful
>> hardware if software just turns the damn thing right back into a fucking
>> single-core P1? That's just insane. People are seriously fucking bat-shit
>> crazy.
>
> I'm in complete agreement with you.
>
> It's like when I bought a new dvd burner, and had to upgrade Nero Burning
> to deal with it. The old Nero was 6Mb, the new one was 90Mb (!)

Yea, needing to upgrade Nero bugged me too. And even ignoring filesize, each
new version of Nero kept getting worse anyway (the original was actually
pretty good, but they quickly put a stop to that).

I just use ImgBurn/DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink for ripping/burning ISOs and
InfraRecorder for everything else. They're soooo much better than *any*
commercial package I've seen in at least ten years. They do the job, do it
well, and all with *no* bullshit/bloat/skins or any other such crap.