UFCS for D

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Mar 30 07:24:33 PDT 2012

On 3/30/12 3:20 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> There has been a trend in Phobos of having some truly gigantic modules.
> I believe this is indicative of a problem in the language. Andrei and I
> have talked about it, and we think it is because of difficulties in
> breaking a module up into submodules of a package.
>
> We think it's something we need to address.

Walter and I agreed on a design and I got tasked with writing a DIP. I
don't have any time for it, but I had to do it so here it is:

http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP16

Please comment, after which Walter will approve. Walter's approval means
that he would approve a pull request implementing DIP16 (subject to
regular correctness checks).

Thanks,

Andrei