UFCS for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 30 12:18:33 PDT 2012

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:jl4d2e$24i1$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 2012-03-30 14:07, deadalnix wrote:
>> all.d this the de facto standard here. I think it should become an
>> official guideline.
>
> Why can't we get "import foo.*;", then we don't have to relay on
> guidelines.

The problem with that is it indescriminately imports modules that are either
just helper modules or just intended to *occasionally* be imported instead
of always imported. I like the D way of requiring the lib author to use
deliberate and explicit public imports for this sort of thing. That way the
lib author is deciding what gets imported, not the ignorant compiler.