video games (was Re: UFCS for D)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Mar 31 13:33:06 PDT 2012

"Sean Kelly" <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.1259.1333217864.4860.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...

>Don't have the HD set stretch the image. Just watch it in the original
>format.

Ew, then it'll be **tiny**. Esp if it's one of those 1080p sets (which I
think they all are now, right?) It'd be a tiny little postage stamp in the
middle of the screen.

>Personally, I just find that looking at an LCD display is easier on the
>eyes
>than a CRT.

I'm somewhat afraid of triggering another LCD vs CRT debate, but for me
personally, the only time my eyes ever seem to have a problem with CRT is if
it's a computer monitor that's set to 60Hz (and seriously, who ever does
that?) or i the brightness is cranked up way too high, or if I use that
eye-searing black-on-white color scheme that's default on every OS (I
personaly think white-on-black is much nicer looking anyway, esp. when
paired with blue/purple/pink elements, so that's not really an issue for me
anyway - except when using a Mac which, last I checked, didn't let you
change anything about the color scheme besides highlight color and
wallpaper. But I don't like Apple products anyway, so whatever ;) )