bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Fri May 4 06:56:48 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 3 May 2012 at 14:30:38 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I suggest:
>
> 1. Only expand tree to the level of the current symbol
> selected.  So for instance, you click on std.datetime, you see
> all the top-level symbols of std.datetime *not* expanded.  If
> you click on std.datetime.Month, the Month enum expands in the
> tree.

You mean like the module list currently works with packages and
modules?

> 2. When inside a module, only show the packages of that module
> as breadcrumbs, without indentation.  That saves you the white
> space.

Packages of a module?

I'm not sure what you mean here, could you try to explain this
again, perhaps with an example? I have a feeling it's a good
idea, so I want to comprehend it fully.

> BTW, I noticed two issues:
>
> 1. If a symbol name is too long, it is truncated with ..., but
> the expand/collapse arrow is also removed.

Added a comment to an existing issue, thanks.

https://github.com/JakobOvrum/bootDoc/issues/1

> 2. The index.html goes to links like std_base64.html, but the
> actual doc is at std.base64.html, so you get a 404.

The links on the index page are generated from hard-coded HTML in
index.d. With the new fix for the noscript sidebar, file names
must use a dot as a package separator, while the hard-coded paths
use an underscore (the package separator in output files is
configurable, by the way). Previously the links incidentally
worked because the output was configured with underscores.

So the problem really lies with the Phobos documentation for
using hard-coded links. I think the noscript sidebar is more
important than the (terribly outdated) index page, which could be
fixed by editing the source anyway (I suppose I could easily do
this for the Phobos bootDoc demo).