DCT: D compiler as a collection of libraries

Roman D. Boiko rb at d-coding.com
Fri May 11 01:01:28 PDT 2012

There were several discussions about the need for a D compiler
library.

I propose my draft implementation of lexer for community review:
https://github.com/roman-d-boiko/dct

Lexer is based on Brian Schott's project
https://github.com/Hackerpilot/Dscanner, but it has been
refactored and extended (and more changes are on the way).

The goal is to have source code loading, lexer, parser and
semantic analysis available as parts of Phobos. These libraries
should be designed to be usable in multiple scenarios (e.g.,
refactoring, code analysis, etc.).

My commitment is to have at least front end built this year (and
conforming to the D2 specification unless explicitly stated
otherwise for some particular aspect).

Please post any feed here. A dedicated project web-site will be
created later.