DCT: D compiler as a collection of libraries

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri May 11 02:48:23 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-11 11:23, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
> On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 09:19:07 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
>> does the parser/lexer allow half-finished syntax parsing? for being
>> useable in an IDE for syntax-highlighting while coding?
> That's planned, but I would like to see your usage scenarios
> (pseudo-code would help a lot).

Example from TextMate:

* "void" - keyword is colored
* "module main" - nothing colored until I type a semicolon
* "module main;" - keyword and "main" is colored (differently)
* "void foo" - keyword is colored
* "void foo (" - keyword and "foo" is colored (differently)
* "struct F" - keyword and "F is colored (differently)

* Literals are always colored.
* User-defined constants are always colored. It's basically any token
that is all upper case

--
/Jacob Carlborg