DCT: D compiler as a collection of libraries

Roman D. Boiko rb at d-coding.com
Fri May 11 05:52:58 PDT 2012

On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 12:30:01 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> Your 3 points seem reasonable. Mine were :
>  * Implement something that can parse D as it is currently
> defined/implemented (if dmd's behavior and spec differs, it is
> handled on a per case basis).
All differences should be documented.
>  * Discard all deprecated features. Not even try to implement
> them even if dmd support them currently.
Yes, I forgot this one. Actually, I didn't discard imaginary
floats, because I don't know what exactly will be done instead
and it is easy to keep them.

>  * Do the parsing in several steps to allow different tools to
> work with it.
I was thinking about a pool of analysers each of which would add
some information. This could be more than needed for semantic
analysis. An analyser would be created each time when information
(e.g., some indexing) is needed for a particular use case.

> I think we both have very compatibles goals. Let me do a clean
> package of it I write about design goals. I don't have that
> much time right now to do it, I will this week end.
I saw your ast_as_lib branch of SDC, but didn't dig deeper.