Visual D 0.3.32 maintenance release

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun May 13 10:41:50 PDT 2012

On 5/13/2012 4:48 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Using git/github is probably less work for you compared to svn, but this also depends on a rather large infrastructure
> like the auto tester. I'm not sure it does actually help for a project with very few contributors.

Neither github nor git made the auto-tester necessary.  The volume of contributions did.

With SVN they came in via bugzilla and github via pull requests.  The ease of automation via the github apis and the
dramatic increase in volume of contributions lead to implementing the tester.  I likely would have written it (or found
one to install) for svn/bugzilla eventually too, but it would have been a bigger job.

Anyway, the choice of where you host your project very much is yours.  But I can agree with the others, evidence from
both dmd/druntime/phobos as well as other projects I'm a part of clearly shows that you'll get more with github than
dsource, regardless of svn vs git.  And you'll get more with git than svn.  Also, for what it's worth, a project with
multiple contributors are is much more likely to survive for the long haul than a one man project.

My 2 cents,
Brad