Adam Wilson is now a GSoC 2012 mentor!

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Fri May 18 10:20:44 PDT 2012

On 26/03/2012 20:43, Adam Wilson wrote:
> As to an IDE written in D, that's a HUGE project and well outside the
> scope of what can be accomplished in a GSoC project. It takes millions
> of lines of code to make a *DECENT* IDE.

I agree, this idea to write a proper, *fully-featured* IDE in D is
simply totally unrealistic. If it's just a D editor with some IDE
functionality, sure, someone can toy around and try to work on that, but
as for a proper IDE, there is just so much functionality and
infrastructure that platforms like Eclipse, Visual Studio, MonoDevelop,
Netbeans, etc., provide that is dumb and futile to try replicate all of
that in D. There are years of paid, multi-developer teams work behind
that infrastructure, and you want one or two guys to replicate that in
their free time? Right.
We don't even have a mature, fleshed-out D GUI library, let alone IDE
infrastructure...

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer