Robert Schadek's Distributed Multithreaded Caching D Compiler

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu May 24 05:26:00 PDT 2012

<<Should shift this to somewhere other than "announce"?>>

On Thu, 2012-05-24 at 12:38 +0100, Regan Heath wrote:

> >> I'd love to do that, but it will be impossible for me. Coming from
> >> europe just for a conference (it imply take holidays and a quite
> >> expansive travel) isn't really realistic.
> >>
> >> And I'm pretty sure other europeans can confirm how frustrating this is.
> >> Basicaly mostly everything take place in the US, and it is unrealistic
> >> to come most of the time.
> >
> > I can confirm the frustration. :(
>
> Thirded!

One thought:

ACCU conferences (http://accu.org/index.php/conferences) happen in April
each year usually in Oxford but it may shift to Bristol for 2013.
Historically the background of ACCU is C and C++ but it has broadened to
Java, Python, Go, D, agile processes, etc. Perhaps we should make it a
focus of high quality D activity as happened a little a couple of years
ago when Andrei and Walter attended.

ACCU 2013 will be preceded by or followed by the C++ standards committee
meeting, so the committee will be there. A good reason to have more D
than C++ seessions :-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk