Remus

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Nov 1 10:30:23 PDT 2012

Namespace:

> When did you use something like this?

Now and then :-)

> In this case you could take a function that assign foo:

Usually in that case I use the module "static this". But the point

> immutable foo;
> void assignFoo() {
>    string bar, barz; // ...
>    foo = bar + baz;
> }
>
> or not?

That doesn't work because foo has no type, and because you can
only initialize immutable global variables inside the "static
this".

But the main point of what I was saying is not that it's
impossible to do some things, most times there is already some
way to do it in D.

I was saying that the current ways to assign immutable
values/collections is sometimes not handy in D. So Remus seems
the right place to experiment several different ideas to improve
those situations. A "where" is just one of the different
possibilities.

Bye,
bearophile